Salmon fried rice…. now it seems like an odd combination, but it worked fantastic. I love using leftover salmon to make other dishes. Blackstone fried rice is an easy weeknight dinner that finding new combinations of has become one of my masterpieces to create.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
You can use grilled salmon or smoked salmon to make this fried rice. I made this fried rice on my 36-inch Blackstone griddle. I love being able to cook large amounts of food at once. Leftovers are life.
Salmon Fried Rice Ingredients
Salmon– You can use leftover grilled salmon or smoked salmon for this. You can also use canned salmon or Salmon Pouches if you don’t have that option.
Jasmine Rice – You will want this to be cold and leftover cooked rice for high-quality fried rice; any rice will work if you prefer.
Eggs– I used large eggs when I made this; you may want to use a couple more if using medium eggs.
Frozen Peas and carrots– You can use fresh if you want; I used a heated bag in the microwave to save time while preparing the meal.
how to make salmon fried rice
After your rice is cooked, spread your cooked rice on a baking sheet to allow it to dry out in the fridge. Allow to dry out for at least an hour.
Shred your salmon into chunks to be put into the fried rice.
In a mixing bowl, whisk your eggs and add a splash of water; the water helps the eggs to be a bit fluffier. Salt and pepper your egg mixture to taste.
Fire up your Blackstone griddle and re-oil it down if it needs it. I keep mine ready to go at all times, so the next time, I have to turn it on and re-oil it. (Check out my tips for Caring For Your Blackstone)
Once your griddle is heated, add vegetable oil and allow it to warm up. I keep a squeeze bottle of vegetable oil handy for reoiling the griddle while cooking.
Spread out your rice on one side of the griddle surface and add a bit of soy sauce and minced garlic to the rice.
Pour your eggs onto the other side of the griddle and allow them to cook. These will get chopped up, kind of like scrambled eggs in your rice.
Add salmon and cooked vegetables to the rice, and drizzle with the rest of the soy sauce.
Allow to cook a couple more minutes on the griddle, be sure to check the temperature of the pork.
Serve and enjoy!!
How to store leftover Blackstone Fried Rice
Store in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge. Eat within three days of being cooked. Fried rice will not freeze very well.
How To Reheat Blackstone Fried Rice
You can reheat leftover Blackstone fried rice in a skillet on the stove or back on the Blackstone griddle itself. This also reheats well in the microwave; I put a wet paper towel over the bowl of fried rice when I go this route.
What To Serve With Blackstone Salmon Fried Rice:
I love to pair up fried rice as a dish with other main entrees. Even with salmon, this will pair with other main entree proteins.
Main Dishes: Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Steak, Lobster Tail, Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp Skewers, Smoked Chicken, Teriyaki Pork Kabobs, Smoked Pork Chops, Teriyaki Chicken, Grilled Pork Steaks, Cast Iron Pork Chops, Grilled Chicken Breasts, Smoked Brisket
Other Food To Put In Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Char Siu, aka Chinese BBQ Pork
- Smoked Chicken
- Diced Chicken
- Diced Steak
- Pulled Pork
- Ginger Sauce
- Diced Ham
- Cauliflower Rice
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Diced Red Bell Pepper
- Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
- White Onion
- Sesame Seeds
I love to use salmon in main dishes but also the leftovers in other recipes for lunch or appetizers. These are some of my favorite salmon recipes to make!
- Smoked Cedar Plank Salmon
- Brown Sugar Salmon Rub
- Salmon Salad
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Dill Smoked Salmon
- Grilled Salmon on Cedar Plank
leftover salmon recipes
I love to use my leftover salmon to create another recipe! These are some of my favorites.
Amazing Blackstone Recipes
From Fajitas to Fried Rice and Breakfast, there isn’t much you can’t cook on a Blackstone. I love to use mine to make family dinners and use my leftover smoked foods in new recipes!
- Blackstone Recipes
- Breakfast Blackstone Recipe
- How to Make Blackstone Fajitas
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese
- How To Make Blackstone Fried Rice
- Blackstone Breakfast Recipes
Check out my must-have Blackstone Griddle accessories -> HERE!
Blackstone Salmon Fried Rice
- Start by making your white rice either on the stove or in a rice cooker.
- Spread your cooked rice on a baking sheet to allow it to dry out after it is done in the fridge. Allow at least two hours to chill.
- If needed, shred the salmon into chunks for your fried rice.
- Prep your other ingredients, veggies, and anything else you throw in.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl and add just a splash of water; the water helps them to be a bit fluffier. Add a bit of salt and pepper to your egg mixture.
- Fire up your Blackstone griddle and re-oil it down.
- Heat vegetable oil freshly on the clean grill until it is warm, and keep a squeeze bottle of vegetable oil handy for reoiling the griddle.
- Spread your rice on one side of the griddle and allow it to warm up; add some of the soy sauce and minced garlic.
- On the other side of the griddle pour your eggs and allow to cook.
- These will get chopped up, kind of like scrambled eggs in your rice.
- Add your salmon and cooked vegetables to the rice.
- Mix the eggs and rice combination together and drizzle with the rest of the soy sauce.
- Allow to cook a couple more minutes on the griddle until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!!