This Easy Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe has become one of my favorite leftovers smoked salmon recipes! Now I am lucky that I live in the PNW, and salmon is very easy to get here and fun to catch!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I made the smoked salmon on my Pit Boss Pro 1100, cooking low and slow, my favorite way to cook! I picked up my Pitboss at Lowes, but Walmart and Amazon carry other Pit Boss options or the Pitboss website. I love the cost of them vs other pellet grills; it hasn’t disappointed me yet.
Smoked Salmon Dip Ingredients:
- Cream Cheese– You will want this at room temperature. It will mix and blend better than fresh refrigerator cream cheese.
- Sour Cream
- Dano Seasoning Salt
- Minced Onion
- Smoked Salmon– In a pinch, you can use smoked salmon like what you buy at the store or smoke your own salmon, like my cedar plank salmon.
how to make smoked salmon dip:
Start out by smoking your salmon!
Now, mine was fresh and frozen caught here in Puyallup, Wa! But if you don’t have access to fresh salmon, you can order from Omaha Steaks -> here to be delivered to the house. I used Cedar Plank Salmon to make this, and the herbs that cooked on the salmon were added to the dip! (Grab the recipe -> here)
Keep the skin on the fillets.
Smoke your salmon low and slow until it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
While your salmon is smoking in a bowl, mix everything but the smoked salmon.
Now I had never heard of this, but the old lady has a little bit of a Tick Tok and learned about Dano Seasoning! We used this the first time on Smoked Cream Cheese (see the recipe -. here), so it worked perfectly on its recipe. We ordered thru Amazon the 2 pack (this one ->here) but now I wish we had gotten the larger packages!
Once your salmon is done and smoked, shred up your smoked salmon until you have a cup’s worth.
You do not want the skin, just the cooked meat, if there are herbs and spices on the salmon, you can put those in the dip as well.
Mix it all and serve.
If you are not serving it right away, store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
How To Store Smoked Salmon Dip
Store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days, 7 days will be the maximum amount it can be stored safely.
What To serve with Smoked Salmon Dip:
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
- Keep the skin on the fillets.
- Smoke your salmon low and slow until it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- While your salmon is smoking in a bowl mix together everything but the smoked salmon.
- Once your salmon is done and smoked shred up your smoked salmon until you have a cup’s worth.
- You do not want the skin just the cooked meat, if there are herbs and spices on the salmon you can put those in the dip as well.
- Mix it all together and serve.
- If you are not serving right away store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.