This smoked chicken fried ice is my latest Blackstone Fried Rice masterpiece! i am always smoking chicken breasts, and don’t ask me why it took so long to create this variation of fried rice. This was a hit with the whole family and was so easy to throw together for an easy weeknight dinner.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Taking smoked meats and making them into other meals is a favorite of mine. I have so many uses for leftover smoked chicken, we like to smoke chicken breasts at the beginning of the week and use the shredded smoked chicken to make soups, casseroles, and other dishes.
Smoked Chicken Fried Rice Ingredients
Jasmine Rice – You will want this to be cold and leftover cooked rice for high-quality fried rice, if you prefer any rice will work.
Eggs– I used large eggs when I made this; you may want to use a couple more if using medium eggs.
Frozen Peas and carrots– You can use fresh if you want; I used a heated bag in the microwave to save time while preparing the meal.
How To Make Blackstone Smoked Chicken Fried Rice
After your rice is cooked, spread your cooked rice on a baking sheet to allow it to dry out in the fridge. Allow to dry out for at least an hour
Prepping out your other ingredients, smoke the chicken if needed and shred the smoked chicken.
In a mixing bowl whisk your eggs and add in just a splash of water; the water helps the eggs to be a bit fluffier. Salt and pepper your egg mixture to taste.
Fire up your Blackstone griddle and re-oil it down if it needs it. I keep mine ready to go at all times, so the next time, I have to turn it on and re-oil it. (Check out my tips for Caring For Your Blackstone)
Once your griddle is heated add vegetable oil and allow it to warm up. I keep a squeeze bottle of vegetable oil handy for reoiling the griddle while cooking.
Spread out your rice on one side of the griddle surface and add a bit of soy sauce and minced garlic to the rice.
Once the rice has started to warm up mix in your chicken to the rice on the griddle.
Pour your eggs onto the side of the griddle and allow to cook. These will get chopped up kinda like scrambled eggs in your rice.
Add the cooked vegetables to the meat and rice on the griddle.
Mix all together and drizzle with the rest of the soy sauce and allow to cook a couple more minutes on the griddle. (you can add more or less than the suggested amount or other cooking sauces)
Serve and enjoy
How to store leftover Blackstone Fried Rice
Store in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge. Eat within three days of being cooked. Fried rice will not freeze very well.
How To Reheat Blackstone Fried Rice
You can reheat leftover Blackstone fried rice in a skillet on the stove or back on the Blackstone griddle itself. This also reheats well in the microwave; I put a wet paper towel over the bowl of fried rice when I go this route.
What To Serve With Smoked Shredded Chicken Fried Rice:
I love to pair up fried rice as a dish with other main entrees. Even with chicken in it, this will pair with other main entree proteins.
Main Dishes: Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Steak, Lobster Tail, Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp Skewers, Smoked Chicken, Teriyaki Pork Kabobs, Smoked Pork Chops, Teriyaki Chicken, Grilled Pork Steaks, Cast Iron Pork Chops, Grilled Chicken Breasts, Smoked Brisket
Other Food To Put In Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Char Siu, aka Chinese BBQ Pork
- Smoked Chicken
- Diced Chicken
- Diced Steak
- Pulled Pork
- Ginger Sauce
- Diced Ham
- Cauliflower Rice
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Diced Red Bell Pepper
- Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
- White Onion
- Sesame Seeds
Amazing Blackstone Recipes
From Fajitas to Fried Rice and Breakfast, there isn’t much you can’t cook on a Blackstone. I love to use mine to make family dinners and use my leftover smoked foods in new recipes!
- Blackstone Recipes
- Breakfast Blackstone Recipe
- How to Make Blackstone Fajitas
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese
- How To Make Blackstone Fried Rice
- Blackstone Breakfast Recipes
Check out my must-have Blackstone Griddle accessories -> HERE!
Smoked Chicken Fried Rice
- Start by making your white rice either on the stove or in a rice cooker
- Spread your cooked rice on a baking sheet to allow it to dry out after it is done in the fridge. Allow at least two hours
- Start prepping out your other ingredients, shredding your chicken, veggies, and anything else you decide to throw in.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl and add just a splash of water; the water helps them to be a bit fluffier. Add a bit of salt and pepper to your egg mixture.
- Fire up your Blackstone griddle and re-oil it down.
- Heat vegetable oil freshly on the clean grill until it is warm, and keep a squeeze bottle of vegetable oil handy for reoiling the griddle.
- Spread out your rice on one side of the griddle and allow it to warm up, add some of the soy sauce and minced garlic.
- Next, add vegetables to the rice and allow to cook.
- Add the shredded chicken to the rice and meat.
- Pour your eggs onto the side of the griddle and allow to cook. These will get chopped up kinda like scrambled eggs in your rice.
- Mix everything together and drizzle with the rest of the soy sauce.
- Allow to cook a couple more minutes on the griddle.
- Serve and enjoy!!