This Smoked Turkey Pot Pie Recipe is one that I have made in the oven for years. Now my turkey I smoked the day before foiled some of my plans, but the smoke flavor I did add was great!! Taking comfort foods and putting them on the smoker has become one of my favorite ways to cook.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Comfort food made on my Pit Boss Pro 1100 is the best! I picked up mine at Lowes, but Walmart and Amazon carry other Pit Boss options or Pit Boss website themselves. It works amazingly as an oven for adding smoke flavor to comfort food.
Smoked Turkey Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients:
- Cooked Turkey-You can use white or dark meat for the meat part of this pot pie.
- Pie Crust– These can be store-bought pie crusts from a box mix or homemade pie crusts. One will be the under layer and one the top layer.
- Chicken Breast– I used boneless skinless chicken breasts to make mine, chicken thigh meat will add some grease to the pot pie as it cooks.
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Cream of Chicken
- Cream of Potato– Now you could do cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or another cream of chicken. The possibilities are endless.
- Garlic Salt
How To Make Smoked Turkey Pot Pie:
Now I tried to smoke this pot pie. However, I didn’t get the inside of my Pit Boss cleaned all the way, apparently from smoking my Jack Daniels Turkey Brine Recipe
So while I was able to do cold smoke for an hour, once I turned up the heat, I had a fire, so I had to move the pie to the oven.
Beforehand smoke a turkey and shred it up; this makes for excellent Thanksgiving leftover food!
Lay one of your pie crusts on a greased pie plate. Now I used a disposable pie plate if you use a glass one make sure it’s one you are okay with being stained from the smoke on the smoker.
*If using a cast iron pie plate omit the bottom crust you will need just one pie crust*
In a small bowl, crack your egg and use a fork to break the yolk and mix it up.
Next, take a pastry brush and brush the egg onto the pie crust in the pie dish.
Shred the leftover smoked turkey until you have about a pound of turkey!
In a bowl mix together your turkey, peas and carrots, cream soups, and seasoning.
Pour the turkey pot pie filling into the pie crust in your pie dish.
Lay the second pie crust onto the top of the filled pot pie.
Crimp the top pie crust and then cut with a big knife four slices into the top of the pie crust from the middle of the pie for venting purposes.
Next, retake your pastry brush and brush the top with egg wash.
To cook in the oven, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Then turn it to 390 for 15 to 25 minutes to golden your crust.
On the smoker, fire up your smoker; I set mine at the smoke setting with a p4 for an hour.
This is where I switched to the oven, but once you are rolling smoke or ready to start cooking, turn the smoker up to 350 degrees. I used a combination of Pit Boss Grills Mesquite pellets and Fruit Blend, but you can use any flavor of pellets. (Don’t worry I tested out these times with my Smoked Chicken Pot Pie after this failure of setting the smoker a flame)
Money and time-saving tips from the old lady. If you order pellets online from Walmart and spend $35, they will drop them off at your door for free!! Their everyday price on pit boss pellets is amazing, plus the expert grill brand has a great price. (see them ->here)
Make sure you check your pellet grill for pellet voids and to rotate that pie if your smoker cooks hot on one side.
Serve and enjoy!
What do you make with leftover smoked turkey??
How To Store Leftover Pot Pie
Leftover pot pie can be kept in the fridge for up to three days. You can move to an airtight container or wrap it in plastic or aluminum foil.
How To Reheat Leftover Pot Pie
Reheat on a plate in the microwave. You can throw the whole pie tin back on the pellet grill to reheat or in the oven.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH POT PIE:
- Fresh Green Salad
- Green Beans
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
Other Homemade Pot Pie Ingredients:
- Chopped Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Cream Of Mushrooms
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust– The cream of mushroom and cream of chicken are not gluten free so be sure to swap those out if needed.
Smoked Pot Pie Recipes
- Smoked Turkey Pot Pie-Is the perfect comfort food to make on a pellet grill or in the oven. The smoke flavor is fantastic on the crust and the leftover turkey!
- Smoked Chicken Pot Pie– Makes for the perfect comfort food and is easy to make on a pellet grill!! The smoke flavor is terrific on the crust and the chicken in the pot pie.
- Ham Pot Pie Smoked– Amazing way to use leftover smoked ham to make comfort food on the pellet smoker.
- Vegan Pot Pie– Add a 30-minute smoke time to their directions and then turn the smoker up to the cooking time.
The Best Leftover Smoked Turkey Recipes:
I love to use leftover smoked turkey in other recipes! From Pot Pies to soup to a casserole, there are no limits. I even use my Pit Boss Grills and Blackstone griddle to make leftover dishes too!! Check out all my tried and true leftover turkey recipes ->HERE.
Pellet Smoker Recipes To check out
- Dutch Oven In The Smoker Recipes
- Special Occasion And Holiday Recipes
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Deli Salads
Smoked Turkey Pot Pie
- Beforehand smoke a turkey and shred it up, this makes for amazing Thanksgiving leftover food!
- Place one of your pie crusts into a greased pie plate. Now I used a disposable pie plate if you use glass to go in the smoker make sure it's one you are okay with being stained from the smoke on the smoker.
- *If using a cast iron pie plate omit the bottom crust you will need just one pie crust*
- In a small bowl crack your egg and use a fork to break the yolk and mix it up.
- Next, take a pastry brush and brush the egg onto the pie crust in the pie dish.
- Shred the turkey until you have about 1lb of turkey!
- In a bowl mix together your turkey, peas and carrots, cream soups, and seasoning.
- Pour the turkey pot pie filling into your pie crust in your pie dish.
- Lay the second pie crust onto the top of the filled pot pie.
- Crimp the top pie crust and then cut with a big knife 4 slices into the top of the pie crust from the middle of the pie for venting purposes.
- Next, take your pastry brush again and brush the top with the egg wash.
- To cook in the oven preheat your oven to 350 degrees and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. Then turn it up to 390 for about 15 to 25 minutes to golden your crust.
- On the smoker fire up your smoker, I set mine at the smoke setting with a p4 for an hour.
- After your one hour smoking turn the smoker up to 350 degrees and cook for 50 minutes.. I
- Make sure you check your pellet grill for pellet voids and to rotate that pie if your smoker cooks hot on one side.
- Serve and enjoy!