This Smoked Green Bean Casserole Recipe is perfect for throwing on the smoker for Thanksgiving or any holiday dinner! Now Green Bean Casserole is one of those side dishes I have with any holiday dinner, or it isn’t a holiday—this famous casserole with a smoky twist to it.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now making comfort food in my Pit Boss Pro 1100 is my favorite. So why not throw in a side dish for the holidays too, especially for the holiday season! I picked up my Pit Boss Grill at Lowes, but Walmart and Amazon carry other Pit Boss options or the Pitboss website. Plus this keeps open oven space while cooking holiday dinners.
Smoked Green Bean Casserole Ingredients:
- Green Beans
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Milk– You can also use a heavy cream instead of the milk.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Garlic Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- French Onions Crispy Fried Onions
How To Make Smoky Green Bean Casserole :
I smoked these alongside my Smoked Bourbon Brined Turkey, so my smoker was already rolling all day by the time I started to make this dish, such an easy recipe. I swear the smoke aspect made it the ultimate green bean casserole in no extra time. I love to find a new twist on a classic recipe.
Start out by draining the juices from the cans of green beans, and you could use fresh green beans. The fresh beans need to be cooked before starting I poured the cans into an over-the-sink strainer and let them sit while I began to the rest.
Use a large mixing bowl to mix the Cream of Mushroom, milk, Worchester Sauce, garlic salt, and pepper.
Mix the green beans into the soup mixture until everything is mixed.
If you are starting to cook this right away mix in some of the fried onions but save some for the topping too.
Spray your dish with a non-stick spray, I used a Corningware dish to make mine, or you can use a large casserole dish. If you use a dish like this be prepared for the smoke to stain it, this is now a smoker dish for me, so I wasn’t worried about it.
Pour the green bean mixture into your baking pan.
Set the temperature on your smoker, I had my smoker rolling at 225 degrees so I smoked this for about 40 minutes of cooking time.
After about 40 minutes sprinkle more of the crispy onions and allow to smoke for about another 5 to 10 more minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
What do you put in your Green Bean Casserole?
Other Ingredients To Change Classic Green Bean Casserole:
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Creole Seasoning
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Liquid Smoke
- Smoked Sausage Or Andouille Sausage
- Tony Chachere Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
What To Serve With Smoked Green Bean Casserole:
There is no wrong answer to this question. Even though this is mainly seen as a holiday side dish it can be lmade any time of year and with whatever main course!
- Smoked Prime Rib
- Bourbon Brined Turkey
- Smoked Ham
- Coca-Cola Brined Smoked Ham
- Jack Daniels Smoked Turkey
- Smoked Brisket
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Smoked Macaroni and Cheese
- Smoked Potatoes
Pellet Smoker Recipes To check out
- Dutch Oven In The Smoker Recipes
- Special Occasion And Holiday Recipes
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Deli Salads
Smoked Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Start out by draining the juices from the cans of green beans. I poured the cans into an over-the-sink strainer and let them sit while I started the rest.
- Use a large bowl mix the Cream of Mushroom, milk, Worchestiure Sauce, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Mix the green beans into the soup mixture until everything is mixed.
- If you are starting to cook this right away mix in some of the crispy onions, but save some for the topping too.
- Spray your dish with a non-stick spray, I used a Corningware dish to make mine.
- Pour the mixture into your baking pan.
- Set on your smoker, I had my smoker rolling at 225 degrees so I smoked this for about 40 minutes.
- After about 40 minutes sprinkle more of the crispy onions and allow to smoke for about another 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!