This Smoked Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is full of all the best parts of comfort food!! Repurposing smoked chicken breasts has never tasted so good!! Now I was hesitant when the old lady suggested this but oh it was so good!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Smoked Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients:
- Shredded Smoked Chicken Chicken Breasts– You could do raw chicken, but I had enough left from the night before to shred to put into this.
- Pie Crust– These can be store-bought pie crusts from a box mix or homemade pie crusts. One will be the under layer and one the top layer.
- Chicken Breast– I used boneless skinless chicken breasts to make mine, chicken thigh meat will add some grease to the pot pie as it cooks.
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Cream of Chicken
- Cream of Potato– Now you could do cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or another cream of chicken. The possibilities are endless.
- Garlic Salt
How To Make Smoked Chicken Pot Pie:
Smoke your chicken beforehand; I used my Smoked Chicken Breast the night before I made a couple of extra breasts to use in this the next day.
Lay one of your pie crusts on a greased pie plate. Now I used a disposable pie plate if you use a glass one make sure it’s one you are okay with being stained from the smoke on the smoker.
*To make in cast iron pie pan oil, your pan and omit the bottom crust. You will need just one pie crust*
In a small bowl, crack your egg and use a fork to break the yolk and mix it up.
Next, take a pastry brush and brush the egg onto the pie crust in the pie dish.
Shred the chicken until you have about one pound of chicken!
In a bowl, mix together your chicken, peas, carrots, cream soups, and seasoning.
Pour your pot pie filling into the pie crust in your pie dish.
Lay the second pie crust onto the top of the filled pie dish.
Crimp the top pie crust and then cut with a big knife four slices into the top of the pie crust from the middle of the pie for venting purposes.
Next, retake your pastry brush and brush the top with the egg wash.
Fire up your smoker. I set mine at the smoke setting with a p4 for an hour.
Once you are rolling smoke or ready to start cooking, turn the smoker up to 350 degrees. I used a combination of Pit Boss Grills Mesquite pellets and Fruit Blend but you can use any flavor of pellets.
Money and time-saving tips from the old lady. If you order pellets online from Walmart and spend $35, they will drop them off at your door for free!! Their everyday price on pit boss pellets is amazing, plus the expert grill brand has a great price. (see them ->here)
Make sure you check your pellet grill for pellet voids and rotate that pie if your smoker cooks hot on one side.
Serve and enjoy!
What comfort food do you make on your smoker?
How To Store Leftover Pot Pie
Leftover pot pie can be kept in the fridge for up to three days. You can move to an airtight container or wrap it in plastic or aluminum foil.
How To Reheat Leftover Pot Pie
Reheat on a plate in the microwave. You can throw the whole pie tin back on the pellet grill to reheat or in the oven.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH POT PIE:
- Fresh Green Salad
- Green Beans
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
Smoked Pot Pie Recipes
- Smoked Turkey Pot Pie-Is the perfect comfort food to make on a pellet grill or in the oven. The smoke flavor is fantastic on the crust and the leftover turkey!
- Smoked Chicken Pot Pie– Makes for the perfect comfort food and is easy to make on a pellet grill!! The smoke flavor is terrific on the crust and the chicken in the pot pie.
- Ham Pot Pie Smoked– Amazing way to use leftover smoked ham to make comfort food on the pellet smoker.
- Vegan Pot Pie– Add a 30-minute smoke time to their directions and then turn the smoker up to the cooking time.
Other Homemade Pot Pie Ingredients:
- Chopped Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Cream Of Mushrooms
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust– The cream of mushroom and cream of chicken are not gluten free so be sure to swap those out if needed.
Pellet Smoker Recipes To check out
- Dutch Oven In The Smoker Recipes
- Special Occasion And Holiday Recipes
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Deli Salads
Smoked Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Smoke your chicken beforehand.
- Lay one of your pie crusts into a greased pie plate. Now I used a disposable pie plate if you use glass make sure it's one you are okay with being stained from the smoke on the smoker.
- In a small bowl crack your egg and use a fork to break the yolk and mix it up.
- Next, take a pastry brush and brush the egg onto the pie crust in the pie dish.
- Shred the chicken until you have about 1lb of chicken!
- In a bowl mix together your chicken, peas and carrots, cream soups, and seasoning.
- Pour your pot pie filling into your pie crust in your pie dish.
- Lay the second pie crust onto the top of the filled pie dish.
- Crimp the top pie crust and then cut with a big knife 4 slices into the top of the pie crust from the middle of the pie for venting purposes.
- Next, take your pastry brush again and brush the top with the egg wash.
- Fire up your smoker, I set mine at the smoke setting with a p4 for an hour.
- Once you are rolling smoke or ready to start to pack turn the smoker up to 350 degrees. I used a combination of Pit Boss Grills Mesquite pellets and Fruit Blend but you can use any flavor of pellets.
- Make sure you check your pellet grill for pellet voids and to rotate that pie if your smoker cooks hot on one side.
- Serve and enjoy!