How To Make Hibachi Fried Rice! Let me say this is a lot easier than it sounds! I have always loved going to Japanese steakhouses and watching them cook fried rice. Now making Fried Rice this week happens at least once a month now!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now, I have shared it before with my other Blackstone Recipes. If you aren’t familiar with Blackstone Griddles, now is the time to consider one! My obsession started with the 17 inches my mom gave me as a gift after the old lady fell in love with food that surprised me with the Blackstone 36-inch griddle. We take the 17-inch camping, and I take it out on job sites to make lunches for the crew.
Blackstone 17 Inch GriddleBlackstone 22 Inch GriddleBlackstone 28 Inch GriddleBlackstone 36 Inch Griddle
Now, if you are a Blackstone owner or new to Blackstone, there are several accessory options!! For making Hibachi Fried rice, the bigger spatulas are very helpful, and the scraper. I use my squeeze bottles to keep extra water and oil accessible on the griddle.
Blackstone Culinary Plastic Squeeze BottleBlackstone 1542 Flat top Griddle Professional Grade Accessory Tool Kit4 Piece Griddle Accessories Kit
Blackstone Fried Rice Recipe Ingredients:
- Raw Bacon– You will want to dice this up to cook on the Blackstone. I used thick-cut bacon, so there was plenty of meat.
- White Rice– This will need to be cooked and cooled off. Leftover/day-old rice works best for this rice.
- Frozen Carrots And Peas- I made this dish with a frozen pea and carrot combination.
- Green Onions
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Minced Garlic
The basic ingredients for fried rice are almost always the same; it makes an excellent recipe for protein in the main dish. The best way to cook this is on a flat-top grill. I love that this hibachi recipe requires simple ingredients to make a delicious dinner!
How To Make Hibachi Fried Rice:
Start by making your white rice. I make my white rice in a rice cooker, like these -> here on Amazon. A rice cooker makes making large amounts of rice at once much easier. This is the perfect way to use up leftover rice or day-old rice.
I wouldn’t use jasmine rice; this turns out more like Japanese fried rice.
Spread your cooked rice on a baking sheet to allow it to dry out after it is done; I let mine dry out for about an hour or two. The best rice is cold rice; I’ve put mine in the fridge to dry and chill it out faster.
Start prepping out your other ingredients, chopping your meat, veggies, and anything else you decide to throw in.
Whisk your eggs in a bowl and add just a splash of water; the water helps them to be a bit fluffier. Add a bit of salt and pepper to your egg mixture.
Fire up your Blackstone griddle and re-oil it down. I keep mine ready to go at all times, so the next time, I have to turn it on and re-oil it. (Check out my tips for Caring For Your Blackstone)
Heat vegetable oil freshly on the clean grill till it is warm, and keep a squeeze bottle of vegetable oil handy for reoiling the griddle.
Spread out your bacon or meat on one side of the grill, and then spread out the rice on the other side of the griddle.
Allow the bacon to cook while stirring occasionally.
Now the great thing about this recipe is you can do this however you want.
Next, I add my vegetables to the bacon and Sauté veggies in the bacon grease with the bacon, either fresh or frozen cooked veggies.
Mix your minced garlic into your meat mixture, you could use a wooden spoon, but the spatulas for the Blackstone do a great job at mixing this.
Start to mix the rice, meat, and veggies.
Pour your eggs onto the side of the griddle and allow to cook. These will get chopped up kinda like scrambled eggs in your rice.
Mix all together and drizzle with some soy sauce and allow to cook a couple more minutes on the griddle.
Serve and enjoy!!
How to store leftover Blackstone Fried Rice
Store in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge. Eat within three days.
How To Reheat Blackstone Fried Rice
You can reheat leftover Blackstone fried rice in a skillet on the stove or back on the Blackstone griddle itself. This also reheats well in the microwave; I put a wet paper towel over the bowl of fried rice when I go this route.
Other Food To Put In Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Char Siu, aka Chinese BBQ Pork
- Diced Chicken
- Diced Steak
- Pulled Pork
- Ginger Sauce
- Diced Ham
- Cauliflower Rice
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Diced Red Bell Pepper
- Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
- White Onion
- Sesame Seeds
What To Serve With Hibachi Fried Rice:
- Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Steak
- Lobster Tail
- Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp Skewers
- Smoked Chicken
- Teriyaki Pork Kabobs
- Smoked Pork Chops
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Grilled Pork Steaks
- Cast Iron Pork Chops
How do you make your fried rice? What do you serve with it?
Hibachi Fried Rice on a Blackstone Griddle
- 1/2 Pound Bacon
- 12 Egg
- 3 Cups Cooked White Rice
- 16 Ounce Peas and carrots
- Green Onions
- Soy Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Start out by making your white rice. I make my white rice in a rice cooker. Using a rice cooker makes it so much easier to make large amounts of rice at a time.
- Spread out your rice on a cookie sheet to allow to dry out some after it is done cooking, I let mine dry out for about an hour or two depends on whats going on.
- Start prepping out your other ingredients, chopping your meat, veggies and anything else you decide to throw in.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl and add just a splash of water, the water helps them to be a bit fluffier. Add a bit of salt and pepper to your egg mixture.
- Fire up your Blackstone griddle and re-oil it down. I keep mine ready to go at all times so all I have to do is turn it on and re-oil it.
- Spread out your bacon, or meat, on one side of the grill and then spread out the rice on the other side of the griddle.
- Allow to cook while stirring occasionally.
- Now the great thing about this recipe is you can do this however you want.
- Next I add my vegetables to the bacon and allow to cook in the bacon grease with the bacon, either fresh or frozen veggies.
- Mix your minced garlic into your meat mixture.
- Start to mix together the rice, meat, and veggies.
- Pour your eggs onto the a side of the griddle allow to cook. These will get chopped up kinda like scrambled eggs in your rice.
- Mix all together and drizzle with some soy sauce and allow to cook a couple more minutes on the griddle.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Leave a Reply