Smoked White Chicken Chili is going to be a new fall favorite of mine! I have always loved White Chicken Chili in the crockpot. Let me say the smoker adds a whole new level of flavor! Everyone who tried this loved it!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now smoking foods is nothing new but I have fallen in love with using my Pit Boss Pro 1100 as more of a convection oven. I smoked this on Pit Boss Pro 1100 from Lowes, if you don’t have Lowes, Walmart and Amazon carry other Pit Boss options or the Pit Boss website. Even better if I can use leftover smoked meat in the dish.
This can be made on any pellet grill, charcoal smoker, or gas smoker. If you make this on a Traeger, then it is Traeger white chicken chili. It really doesn’t make a difference either way the smoke flavor is amazing.
Smoked White Chicken Chili Recipe Ingredients:
- Shredded Smoked Chicken Breast
- Chicken Broth
- White Chili Beans
- Great Northern Beans
- Minced Garlic
- Green Chili
- Cannellini Beans
- Green Onion
- Ground Pink Himalayan Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
How To Make Smoked White Chicken Chili:
Start out with Smoked Chicken Breast, you can see how I make mine -> here. Any type of shredded chicken will work but the smoked chicken will add more flavor to the chili as well
Start up your smoker to get the smoke rolling! I set my Pit Boss Pro 1100 to a smoke setting of P7 for the smoke setting. I also closed the chimney stack to allow more smoke to stay in the smoker. This time around I used mesquite pellets to smoke my chili.
Money and time-saving tips from the old lady. If you order pellets online from Walmart and spend $35, they will drop them off at your door for free!! Their everyday price on pit boss pellets is amazing, plus the expert grill brand has a great price. (see them ->here)
If you use a preseasoned cast iron Dutch oven, wipe it down with oil to help make sure that it is ready to cook without having stuff stick. I use an old cast iron Dutch oven the old lady picked up for $5, which has worked amazingly well! An Enameled Cast Iron would work, but the smoke will stain the enamel of the Dutch oven. Also, be sure to know How To Season Your Cast Iron.
Using a strainer, strain out your white beans and your peppers. (I skipped the ones that had any flavored sauce so I just put those straight in the dutch oven.
Shred your chicken and place it in the dutch oven.
Cut up your onion, I normally use red onion but used a sweet onion due to the fact I couldn’t find any near me.
Season with your cumin, salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste.
Pour in broth and water until it is well covered and give it a good stir to mix everything together.
Once your smoker is ready take it out to your smoker and allow it to smoke. You will not be using the lid or cover at all for this recipe.
I allowed mine to smoke on the smoke setting for a half hour, then turned it up to 225.
I cooked for another 4 hours at 225 degrees.
Remove and serve your smoked chicken chili when ready!!
* You can thicken up the chili if you want with 1/4 cup of corn starch and 1 cup of hot water in a small bowl and then mix into the chili a half-hour before serving. If you do not want cornstarch and milk, you can use a roux to thicken the chowder. Use equal parts butter and flour. Next, melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave. *
What To Serve In smoked White Chicken Chili
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Johnny‘s Seasoning Salt
- Liquid Smoke
What To Serve With Smoked White Chicken Chili:
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- Southern Cornbread
- Green Salad
- Jiffy Cornbread With Sour Cream
- Fried Zucchini Chips
- Grilled Cheese
- Krusteaz Corn Bread
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
Leftover smoked shredded chicken recipes
- Leftover Smoked Chicken Salad
- Smoked Chicken Noodle Soup
- Dutch Oven Smoked White Chicken Chili
- Smoked Chicken Pot Pie
- Smoked Chicken Fried Rice
Pellet Smoker Recipes To check out
- Dutch Oven In The Smoker Recipes
- Special Occasion And Holiday Recipes
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Deli Salads
Smoked White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Start out with Smoked Chicken Breast, you can see how I make mine -> here.
- Start up your smoker to get the smoke rolling!
- If you are using a cast iron dutch oven wipe it down with oil so as to help make sure that it is ready to cook without having stuff stick.
- Using a strainer strain out your white beans and your peppers. (I skipped mine that had a chili sauce so I just put those straight in the dutch oven.)
- Shred your chicken and place into the dutch oven.
- Cut up your onion, I normally use red onion but used a sweet onion due to the fact I couldn't find any near me.
- Season with your cumin, salt, peppercorns, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Pour in broth and water until it is well covered and give it a good stir to mix everything together.
- Once your smoker is ready take it out to your smoker and allow it to smoke. You will not be using the lid or cover at all for this recipe.
- First I allowed mine to smoke on the smoke setting for a half hour then turned it up to 225. I allowed it to cook for 4 hours at 225!!
- Remove and serve when ready!!