This smoked Brisket Rub Recipe With Brown Sugar is the perfect way to make a brisket. I love a good smoked brisket and was excited to see the old lady had picked up a good deal at Costco. What better way to break in a new smoker than with sweet brisket rub?
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
I had my eye on the Pit Boss Pro Series at Lowes for quite a while. Not sure how that Sunday, but the old lady agreed it was time for a new grill as our gas grill was getting up there in age. I am so excited to venture into the Pellet smoker realm, and the Pit Boss is comparable to Treagar Grills but quite cheaper.
Brown Sugar brisket rub ingredients:
Where to buy a Beef Brisket:
How TO Make brown sugar brisket rub:
In a bowl start to layer in your seasonings.
Mix the seasonings well with a fork or a small whisk or fork. This brisket rub with brown sugar will leave add so much flavor to the brisket.
How to Season a Brisket
At least a day before you are ready to smoke your beef brisket trim the fat off of your Brisket. I bought my brisket at Costco but you can also order one from Snake River Farms or Omaha Steaks as well.
Store your rubbed brisket in the fridge in an airtight container until the day of smoking.
Remove your brisket a couple of hours before smoking to allow the meat temperature to rise to room temperature.
How to smoke a brisket on a pellet smoker:
Get your smoker ready to go and once it’s rolling, smoke in the smoker, then set your meat in the smoker.
When your smoker is at temp and smoking, place your meat in your smoker. I used Apple Pellets to smoke my meat, but you could use any flavor.
Money and time-saving tips from the old lady. If you order pellets online from Walmart and spend $35, they will drop them off at your door for free!! Their everyday price on pit boss pellets is amazing, plus the expert grill brand has a great price. (see them ->here)
Optional: You can baste with Apple Cider Vinegar and Apple Juice to help with keeping the meat moist while cooking.
Once I got my settings figured out, the Pit Boss, I set it at 200 with a P7 setting. This will autoregulate the temperature to fluctuate from about 185 to 215. Make sure your hopper is complete before setting it and walking away.
I recommend a low and slow smoke for 6 to 8 hours. Since I had issues with it getting too hot, I ended up being about a 3-hour smoke.
Now, I love to sit and watch my smoker smoke, so I always have to remind myself the meat will smoke better without me peeking at it all the time.
I cooked my beef brisket to an internal temperature of 150 and was supposed to allow it to rest for about an hour. Now my family was starving, so we let it rest for 15 minutes and dug right in!
Even though I ended up with a shorter smoke time, I had a nice smoke ring on it.
What To Serve With Smoked Brisket:
- Smoked Sweet Potato Casserole
- Dutch Oven Smoked Baked Loaded Baked Beans
- Smoked Potato Salad Recipe
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Easy Smoked Deviled Eggs
- Smoked Macaroni And Cheese
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes
- Red Cabbage Slaw
- Grilled Cheese Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms Recipe
I topped my brisket with some bbq sauce and some sesame seeds! So good!!
Do you smoke brisket? What are your go-to smoked meats to make?
How To Store Leftover Smoked Brisket
Store in an air-tight container for up to three days in the fridge.
You can freeze smoked brisket in an air-tight container or sealed bag for up to three months.
Smoked Brisket Recipes To Checkout
Injections and rubs are the perfect way to season a brisket for smoking. I have tried several over the years, and they have all turned out fantastic.
Leftover Brisket Recipes
I love to smoke meat and have leftovers for other meals. Smoked meat adds to the flavor of different dishes, and it’s one of my favorites to use in chilis. Be sure to check out my l leftover brisket recipes.
- Smoked Brisket Baked Beans– Cut up your brisket to make up these loaded baked beans, plus add bacon for even more flavor. Use cast iron in the smoker to add more smoke flavor to the beans while they cook!
- Brisket Shepards Pie– Using homemade mashed potatoes makes for a tasty comfort food using chopped leftover smoked brisket. Cooking it in a cast-iron skillet adds amazing flavor to this classic dish.
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese Brisket Sandwich– Use slices or shreds of leftover smoked brisket to make excellent grilled cheeses. The smoked brisket adds a fantastic flavor to a classic sandwich
Pellet Smoker Recipes To check out
- Dutch Oven In The Smoker Recipes
- Special Occasion And Holiday Recipes
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Deli Salads
Smoked Brisket Rub Recipe With Brown Sugar I
- In a bowl start to layer in your seasonings and mix the seasonings well with a fork or a small whisk or fork.
- How To Smoke A Brisket With Dry Rub:
- At least a day before you are ready to smoke your beef brisket trim the fat off of your Brisket.
- Store your rubbed brisket in the fridge in an airtight container until the day of smoking.
- Remove your brisket a couple of hours before starting to smoke to allow the meat temperature to rise to room temperature.
- Get your smoker ready to go and once its rolling smoke in the smoker then set your meat in the smoker.
- When your smoker is at temp and smoking place your meat in your smoker. I used Apple Pellets to smoke my meat but you could use any flavor.
- I recommend a low and slow smoke for 6 to 8 hours since I had issues with it getting too hot I ended up being about a 3-hour smoke.
- I cooked my beef brisket to an internal temperature to 150 and allow it to rest for about an hour.