Brisket Grilled Cheese is the perfect way to use leftover smoked brisket, and it is ideal for making on your outdoor griddle or stovetop! This turned out amazing, and after a day of cooking, this was so easy to put together. Plus who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese, bonus it’s a leftover brisket sandwich.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
If you aren’t familiar with Blackstone Griddles now is the time you need to consider one! My obsession started with the 17 inches version, but now I have the Blackstone 36 inch griddle that has taken up permanent residence on my back porch. We take the 17-inch camping and I take it out on job sites as well to make lunches for the crew.
Blackstone 17 Inch GriddleBlackstone 22 Inch GriddleBlackstone 28 Inch GriddleBlackstone 36 Inch Griddle
Now if you are a Blackstone owner or new to Blackstone there are several accessory options!! For making Spam Fried rice the bigger spatulas are very helpful and the scraper as well for this. I use my squeeze bottles to keep extra water and oil easily accessible to put on the grill.
Blackstone Culinary Plastic Squeeze BottleBlackstone 1542 Flat top Griddle Professional Grade Accessory Tool Kit4 Piece Griddle Accessories Kit
Brisket Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- Texas Toast Bread
- Cheddar Cheese– You can use shredded cheese or sliced cheese; I chose to use shredded cheddar cheese this time.
- Smoked Brisket– I used leftover smoked brisket from the day before; the homemade brisket rub added so much flavor to this sandwich as well as the smoke.
How To Make Brisket Grilled Cheese:
Prepare your Blackstone Griddle with a fresh bit of oil, if you are not sure How To Maintain Your Blackstone Griddle please check out this post -> here. Mine is always ready to go after it’s been used making for little to no prep work.
Butter one side of your slice of Texas Toast; you will need two slices per sandwich.
Spread your shredded cheese onto your texas toast.
If your brisket was in the fridge, then microwave it for about 30 seconds or warm it up in a pan to make sure it will be warm enough in your sandwich. If you want you can warm the brisket on Blackstone directly while assembling the sandwich.
Top the shredded cheese with either shredded leftover smoked brisket or slices of brisket.
Place the brisket on top of the shredded cheese and then top the leftover smoked brisket with more shredded cheese. You will want a lower fat ratio on the brisket you use on your grilled cheese
Top with another piece of Texas Toast; butter the side that is on top.
Fire up your Blackstone griddle on low-medium heat, or a pan on the stovetop.
Once your flat top grill is warm, carefully place the assembled sandwich onto the grill, or in the pan.
Allow continuing to cook until the side of the sandwich begins to brown, and flip the whole sandwich.
After I flipped mine I covered it with my Jim Beam Melting Dome while the cheese melts. (If you don’t have a melting dome Amazon has a great collection ->here)
Remove and serve!
Bread to use for Grilled Cheese sandwiches
Now I like to use a thicker sturdy style of bread as there will be flipping with a spatula. We tried with regular sandwich bread on the grill, but it also didn’t hold up. As long as you have two slices of bread per sandwich it will work out.
- Frozen Texas Toast- This is one of the easiest bread as they are pre-buttered and flavored for grilled cheese.
- Texas Toast Loaf- This is my favorite type of bread for grilled cheese; the bread holds up well and turns out golden brown on my grilled cheese sandwiches all the time.
- Sourdough Bread
- French Bread
- Rye Bread
- Whole Wheat
- Artisan bread
Cheeses for Blackstone Grilled Cheese
Now you can use shredded cheses or cheese slices it doesn’t really mater. One thing I love about grilled cheese sandwiches is the sky is the limit, there is no right or wrong way to make the best grilled cheese
- Provolone cheese
- Monterey Jack
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Mexican three-cheese blend
Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
- Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese
- Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese On A Blackstone
- Prime Rib Grilled Cheese
- Vegan Cheese and Feta Grilled Cheese
How To Store Leftover Blackstone Grilled Cheese
While grilled cheese is best to be enjoyed fresh, you can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat it in the microwave or a skillet pan.
If making it for lunch later on, you can store it in a container that will keep it for a couple of hours before eating.
What to Serve with Blackstone Grilled Cheese
There are so many great options for side dishes to have with Blackstone grilled cheese. For myself it depends on the weather, but either way lunch will taste amazing.
- Tomato Soup
- Roasted Vegetables
- French Fries
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Chips- Either potato chips or tortilla chips are perfect with this, a staple lunch item in my book is always the chips.
Amazing Blackstone Recipes
From Fajitas to Fried Rice and Breakfast, there isn’t much you can’t cook on a Blackstone. I love to use mine to make family dinners and use my leftover smoked foods in new recipes!
How to Make Blackstone Fajitas
How To Make Blackstone Fried Rice
Check out my must-have Blackstone Griddle accessories -> HERE!
Brisket Grilled Cheese On The Blackstone Griddle
- Prepare your Blackstone Griddle with a fresh bit of oil.
- Butter one side of your slice of Texas Toast, you will need two slices per sandwich.
- Spread your shredded cheese onto your texas toast.
- Top the shredded cheese with either shredded leftover smoked brisket or slices of brisket.
- If your brisket was in the fridge then microwave it for about 30 seconds or warm it up in a pan to make sure it will be warm enough in your sandwich.
- Place the brisket on top of the shredded cheese and then top with more shredded cheese.
- Top the cheese and top with another piece of Texas Toast, butter the side that is on top.
- Fire up your Blackstone griddle onto a low-medium heat, or a pan on the stovetop.
- Once your griddle is warm carefully place the assembled sandwich onto the griddle, or in the pan.
- Allow continuing to cook until the bottom slice is starting to brown and flip the whole sandwich.
- After I flipped mine I covered it with my Jim Bim Melting Dome to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove and serve!
Leave a Reply