This Slow Cooker Smoked Brisket Stew Recipe is one of the perfect leftovers recipes to make in right now with the cooler weather! Stew is one of those comfort foods that just says fall is here for me.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now I thought about smoking this stew on my Pitboss 1100 Pro but I had grease fire the night before while making my Smoked Beef Brisket With A Whiskey Injection, so the crockpot is what I settled on. This can easily also be done in a Dutch Oven or Instant Pot as well. I love to find ways to use up my leftover smoked meats into other dinners, plus smoked meat makes everything better.
Crock-Pot SCV800-B, 8-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, BlackSulives Non-Stick Enamel Cast Iron Dutch Oven Pot with LidInstant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker 9 in 1, 8 Qt, Easy Grip Handles
Slow Cooker Smoked Brisket Stew Ingredients:
- Smoked Cooked Brisket
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Onion– These will be diced up, you can use onion powder or minced onion as well on this.
- Minced Garlic– Fresh garlic can be substituted in place of minced garlic if you prefer the fresh.
- Beer– I used Corona Beer, I have also used Pacifico in this recipe as well. Any beer will work.
- Beef Broth– I used Better Than Boullion Beef to make my broth, but canned beef broth works as well.
- Baby Carrots
- Smoked Paprika
- Pitboss Beef And Brisket Rub
- Bay Leaves
How To Make Slow Cooker Leftover Smoked Beef Brisket Stew:
Start out by smoking brisket the day before. I have two brisket recipes that I love. Smoked Brisket Rub Recipe With Brown Sugar Recipe or a Smoked Brisket With Whiskey Injection, I used the Whiskey Injection Brisket in this stew.
Next cut your vegetables. I used Russet potatoes but gold and baby potatoes will also work well.
Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray.
I started out by putting my potatoes in the bottom of your crockpot I knew they would take a bit need the heat more to cook as the day went on. (I made this in an 8-quart crockpot)
Next, I added in celery, carrots, and onion on top of the potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.
Cut up your leftover smoked brisket and put the pieces on top of your vegetables.
Next, make your broth and pour it into your crockpot, and then pour in two bottles of beer. (I used Corona beer but you could use a different beer or Guinness beer as well. )
Add your seasonings. I did add more of the Pitboss Beef And Brisket Rub since I didn’t have a thick rub on the brisket the day before.
Turn your crock pot on low and allow to cook for 6 to 8 hours. I did stir mine occasionally.
Serve and enjoy
What Kind Of Meat To Use For Brisekt Stew:
- Beef Stew Meat
- Chuck Pot Roast
- Elk Meat
- Deer Meat
- Ground Beef
Alternate Ingredients For Brisket Stew:
- Pablano Peppers
- Red Potatoes
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Green Beans
- Jalapeno Peppers
What To Serve Brisket Stew With:
- Tomato Caprese
- Cheese Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Biscuit Bread
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Caesar Salad
- French Bread
- Bread Bowls
- Mashed Potatoes
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER Smoked Brisket STEW
Store in an air-tight container for three to five days in the fridge. If you are freezing your leftover stew, freeze it in an air-tight container for up to ninety days.
HOW TO REHEAT LEFTOVER Smoked Brisket STEW
If you need to thaw frozen leftover beef stew in the fridge. Then once thawed out, microwave or heat on the stove until at a safe temperature.
Soups and Stews To Check out
Whether you use a dutch oven or a slower cooker to make soups! Using leftover smoked meat adds amazing flavor to your soup or chowder!
- Crockpot Crawfish Chowder
- White Wine Slow Cooker Clam Chowder
- Slow Cooker Prime Rib Chili
- Smoked Turkey Dumpling Soup
- Slow Cooker Turkey Soup
Slow Cooker Smoked Brisket Stew Recipe
- Start out by smoking brisket the day before.
- Start out by cutting your vegetables. I used Russet potatoes but gold and baby potatoes will also work well.
- Spray your crockpot with a nonstick spray.
- I started out by putting my potatoes in the bottom of your crockpot I knew they would take a bit need the heat more to cook as the day went on.
- Next, I added in the celery, carrots, and onion on top of the potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cut up your leftover smoked brisket and put the pieces on top of your vegetables.
- Next, make your broth and pour it into your crockpot, and then pour in two bottles of beer. (I used Corona beer but you could use a different beer or Guinness beer as well. )
- Add your seasonings, I did add more of the Pitboss Beef And Brisket Rub since I didn't have a thick rub on the brisket the day before.
- Turn your crockpot pon low and allow to cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply