Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese On A Blackstone Griddle is an easy dinner or lunch. With kids still at home quite a bit, we are using the Blackstone often to make lunches at home or dinners.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
If you aren’t familiar with Blackstone Griddles, now is the time to consider one! My obsession started with the 17 inches version, but now I have the Blackstone 36-inch griddle that has taken up permanent residence on my back porch. We take the 17-inch camping, and I take it out on job sites to make lunches for the crew.
Now, if you are a Blackstone owner or new to Blackstone, there are several accessory options!! For making Spam Fried rice, the bigger spatulas are very helpful, and the scraper for this. I use my squeeze bottles to keep extra water and oil accessible on the griddle.
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- Texas Toast Bread
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sloppy Joes– Now, if you don’t have fresh sloppy joes you can use Manwich for this.
How To Make Sloppy Joes Grilled Cheese:
Prepare your Blackstone Griddle with a fresh bit of oil; if you are not sure How To Maintain Your Blackstone Griddle, please check out this post -> here. Mine is always ready to go after its use, making for little to no prep work.
Butter one side of your slice of Texas Toast; you will need two slices per sandwich.
Now you can use sloppy joes out of a can. (Like these on Amazon -> here), but the old lady whipped Crockpot Sloppy Joe’s (See this recipe ->here). Well, we loved them as Sloppy Joes; we had leftovers. Naturally, up comes up with leftover messy grilled cheeses, right??
Dish up some leftover sloppy joes; if they were in the fridge, I recommend microwaving the meat a bit to make the middle warmer in the cooking process.
Spread your meat onto the bread.
Top with sliced or shredded cheese, I used Havarti cheese slices for mine, and it turned out amazing! We made the kids grilled cheeses with good old fashion Kraft American Cheese.
Place your second piece of bread and be ready to grill up the grilled cheese.
Fire up your Blackstone griddle on low-medium heat or a pan on the stovetop.
Once your griddle is warm, place the assembled sandwich onto the griddle or in the pan.
Allow continuing to cook until the bottom slice begins to brown, and flip the whole sandwich.
Remove and serve!
How To Store Leftover Blackstone Grilled Cheese
While grilled cheese is best to be enjoyed fresh, you can store the leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. You can reheat it in the microwave or a skillet pan.
If making it for lunch later on, you can store it in a container that will keep it for a couple of hours before eating.
Bread to use for Grilled Cheese sandwiches
Now I like to use a thicker sturdy style of bread as there will be flipping with a spatula. We tried with regular sandwich bread on the grill, but it also didn’t hold up. As long as you have two slices of bread per sandwich it will work out.
- Frozen Texas Toast- This is one of the easiest bread as they are pre-buttered and flavored for grilled cheese.
- Texas Toast Loaf- This is my favorite type of bread for grilled cheese; the bread holds up well and turns out golden brown on my grilled cheese sandwiches all the time.
- Sourdough Bread
- French Bread
- Rye Bread
- Whole Wheat
- Artisan bread
Blackstone Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
- Blackstone Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Blackstone Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese
- Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese On A Blackstone
- Prime Rib Grilled Cheese
- Vegan Cheese and Feta Grilled Cheese
Amazing Blackstone Recipes
From Fajitas to Fried Rice and Breakfast, there isn’t much you can’t cook on a Blackstone. I love to use mine to make family dinners and use my leftover smoked foods in new recipes!
- Blackstone Recipes
- Breakfast Blackstone Recipe
- How to Make Blackstone Fajitas
- Blackstone Grilled Cheese
- How To Make Blackstone Fried Rice
- Blackstone Breakfast Recipes
Check out my must-have Blackstone Griddle accessories -> HERE!
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese On A Blackstone Griddle Featured Image
- Butter one side of your slice of Texas Toast, you will need two slices per sandwich.
- Now you can use sloppy joes out of a can or homemade sloppy joes.
- Dish up some leftover sloppy joes, if they were in the fridge I recommend microwaving the meat a bit to make the middle warmer in the cooking process.
- Spread your meat onto the bread.
- Top with sliced or shredded cheese I used Havarti cheese slices for mine, we made the kids grilled cheeses with good old fashion Kraft American Cheese.
- Place your second piece of bread and be ready to grill up the grilled cheese.
- Fire up your Blackstone griddle onto a low-medium heat, or a pan on the stovetop.
- Once your griddle is warm carefully place the assembled sandwich onto the griddle, or in the pan.
- Allow continuing to cook until the bottom slice is starting to brown and flip the whole sandwich.
- After I flipped mine I covered it with my Jim Bim Melting Dome to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove and serve!