This Smoked Refried Bean Dip Recipe is so easy to make I plan to make it again for just Taco Tuesday! Now there is nothing wrong with good old regular refried beans, but this adds a tasty twist to one of my favorite side dishes. It is so easy to make for get-togethers and tailgating too!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Food made on my Pit Boss Pro 1100 is the best; I love that it can double as an oven with the added benefit of smoking the food! I picked up my Pit Boss Grill at Lowes, but Walmart and Amazon carry other Pit Boss options or the Pitboss website. Plus this can be made in the summer without heating the house.
Smoked Refried Bean Dip Ingredients:
- Refried Beans
- Sour Cream
- Cream Cheese– This will need to be softened before combining the ingredients.
- Taco Seasoning– You can use store-bought taco seasoning on homemade taco seasoning. Both work in this recipe.
- Mexican Cheese
- Medium Salsa
How To Make Smoked Refried Bean Dip:
Pull out your brick of cream cheese and let it set out to soften before you start cooking.
Mix your refried beans, cream cheese, and sour cream in a large bowl.
Next, add in your salsa and taco seasoning to taste; you can add in more seasoning if you wish.
Spray your dish with a non-stick spray, I used a Corningware dish to make mine. If you use a word like this, be prepared for the smoke to stain it, this is now a smoker dish for me, so I wasn’t worried about it.
Spread the bean dip mixture into the pan, then top with shredded cheese. (I used Mexican cheese, but you can use any shredded cheese.)
Now, this is where it pays to know how your smoker cooks and how you like to smoke. I like to do a low, slow smoke using the smoke setting on my Pitboss. Start up your smoker to get the smoke rolling! I set my Pit Boss Pro 1100 to a smoke setting of P4 for the smoke setting. This time around I used Mesquite Pit Boss Pellets to smoke my bean dip.
Money and time-saving tips from the old lady. If you order pellets online from Walmart and spend $35, they will drop them off at your door for free!! Their everyday price on pit boss pellets is amazing, plus the expert grill brand has a great price. (see them ->here)
Once your smoker is rolling smoke, turn it up to 300 degrees!
Set your dish in the smoker once it’s to temp and allow it to smoke. No need to stir the dip, keep an eye monitor your pellet level or chips if needed.
Remove and serve!!
How To Store Leftover Bean Dip
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days after making it.
How To Reheat Leftover Bean Dip
You can reheat this in the microwave o in the oven. However, this was good cold straight out of the fridge, too.
Additional Ingredients for Smoked Bean Dip
What To Serve With Smoked Refried Bean Dip
- Blackstone Steak Fajitas
- Shrimp Blackstone Fajitas
- Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Pork Carnitas
- Smoked Queso
Pellet Smoker Recipes To check out
- Dutch Oven In The Smoker Recipes
- Special Occasion And Holiday Recipes
- Smoked Side Dishes
- Smoked Deli Salads
Smoked Refried Bean Dip Recipe
- Pull out your brick of cream cheese and let it set out to soften before you are ready to start cooking.
- In a large bowl mix together your refried beans, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Next, add in your salsa and taco seasoning to taste, you can add in more seasoning if you wish.
- Spray your dish with a non-stick spray. If you use a dish be prepared for the smoke to stain it or use aluminium foil.
- Spread the bean dip mixture into the pan and then top with shredded cheese. (I used Mexican cheese but you can use any shredded cheese.)
- I set my Pit Boss Pro 1100 to a smoke setting of P4 for the smoke setting.
- Once your smoker is rolling smoke turn it up to 300 degrees!
- Set your dish in the smoker once it's to temp and allow it to smoke. No need to stir just monitor your pellet level or chips if needed.
- Remove and serve!!