Smoked Ham is one of those new family favorites that I really can’t believe I wanted this long to try out! On most holidays we make a smoked Prime Rib or a Smoked Turkey. Not much of a stretch or surprise that smoking a ham was the next step. (I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now we typically tend to put the ham in the crockpot, see how to -> here, since the kids are the main ones who love the ham for dinner. I never worried much about cooking that part but we had gotten an extra ham for Easter this year on sale so i set off to smoke it. Well I shall never make ham another way, the taste was amazing and the leftovers using the ham waseven better.
Smoked Ham Ingredients:
How To Smoke A Ham On A Pitboss Pellet Grill:
Get your smoker rolling smoke. I used my Pit Boss Pro 1100 from Lowe’s to make this. If you haven’t checked out Pit Boss you really need to, they are comparable to Traegers and a fraction of the price. If you don’t have Lowes Walmart, and Amazon carries other Pit Boss options or Pit Boss website themselves. You can also make smoked ham on an electric or charcoal smoker as well.
I set my Pit Boss smoker at 225 degrees with a p setting of P7.
Once your smoker is at temperature and rolling set your ham onto or in your smoker.
Take toothpicks and stab pieces of pineapple onto the ham, you can skip this step but I think it adds a nice sweetness to the ham.
Now a good rule of thumb is about 15 minutes of smoking per lb. I smoked my 15 lb ham for 4 hours and it was done.
Serve and enjoy!!
Leftover ham?? These recipes -> here are amazing to make with leftover smoked ham!
What To Serve With Smoked Ham:
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Loaded Cheesy Potatoes
- How To Make Smoked Deviled Eggs
- Smoked Mashed Potatoes
- Pellet Grilled Dinner Rolls
- Smoked Loaded Baked Beans
- Cheesy Potatoes
- Smoked Sweet Potato Casserole
- Creamy Smoked Macaroni And Cheese
- Smoked Cream Cheese
How To Smoked Ham
- 1 Ham
- Fresh or Canned Pineapple
- Pellets of your choice.
- Get your smoker rolling smoke.
- I set my Pit Boss smoker at 225 degrees with a p setting of P7.
- Once your smoker is at temperature and rolling set your ham onto or in your smoker.
- Take toothpicks and stab pieces of pineapple onto the ham, you can skip this step but I think it adds a nice sweetness to the ham.
- Now a good rule of thumb is about 15 minutes of smoking per lb. I smoked my 15 lb ham for 4 hours and it was done.
- Serve and enjoy!!