This Homemade Potato Breakfast Bake Recipe is a hangover curer!! Now I know what you are thinking, Dude, you grill, you’re not a baker. But let’s face it, breakfast is sometimes cooked in the house. Now I do love to make sure I put my own manly twist on most Suzy-homemaker recipes cause I like a lot of meat in my food.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Plus, there are times that breakfast for dinner (or brinner) is just the perfect way to end the day. Now there are times when you could use frozen shredded hash browns, but I like to use fresh potatoes as they tend to crisp a lot better than frozen hash browns do.
I do have to say this makes the perfect breakfast for the day after sporting events or heavy drinking I love to host tailgating events and often have buddies that crash at my place. As a good host, I gotta feed them the following day. One even compared this to the Pioneer Woman breakfast casserole his wife makes.
Homemade Potato Breakfast Bake Recipe Ingredients
- Big Potatoes– I used large baking potatoes, but any type of potato you can shred will work.
- Olive Oil
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
How To Make homemade hashbrowns
Wash your potatoes off and peel them.
Next, place your shredded potatoes onto paper towels.
You do need to allow them some time to dry, this gets the excess moisture out of them from being washed. You can also press down on them with another paper towel to get out the excess water faster. The extra step isn’t necessary unless you are on a time crunch.
In a big skillet fry pan, warm up some olive oil.
Start to brown your hash browns. I do mine in small batches rather than all at once.
Salt and pepper to states as you are browning.
How to make Homemade potato egg bake:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Spray your 9X13 pan with a nonstick spray. I prefer to use Pyrex glass pans. In my experience, everything seems to turn out amazing in them. The ones with handles are handy to bake in, and the lids make storage easy.
As your hash browns are done start to place them in your baking dish.
When you have browned the hashbrowns you need to start to cook up your bacon in the pan. At this time also warm up any of your other meats. As your meat is done layer them on top of the cooked hash browns.
In a bowl beat together the dozen of eggs so all the yolks are broken.
Pour the eggs over the meat and potatoes in the baking dishes.
Top with cheese and bake for about 25-35 minutes until the egg is completely cooked and the cheese has melted.
What breakfast do you make for a crowd?
How to Store Egg Sausage and Potato Casserole
Place the lid on your baking dish on your dish if it comes with one. If not store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days after making the casserole.
How To Reheat Baked Potato Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast potato bake recipe can be reheated in the microwave or in the oven.
Breakfast Recipes to Check Out
- Leftover Prime Rib Breakfast Hash– Take leftover smoked prime rib to make this fantastic Blackstone breakfast hash.
- Blackstone Pancakes– Use your Blackstone to make a large batch of pancakes, feed a crowd, or meal prep for the week!
- Breakfast Hash– Use your Blackstone griddle to make this excellent breakfast with potatoes, eggs, cheese, and sausage in no time.
- Blackstone French Toast-The perfect way to whip up a large batch of french toast for breakfast at home or camping!
Homemade Potato Breakfast Bake
- Wash your potatoes off and peel them.
- Shred your potatoes into strings. You can use a cheese grater or food processor to shred the potatoes.
- Place your shredded potatoes on paper towels. You need to allow them some time to dry and get the excess moisture out of them from being washed. We also pressed down with another paper towel to get out the excess water faster, we were starving so anything to help the process along.
- In a big skillet fry pan, warm up some olive oil. Start to brown your hash browns, I do mine in small batches rather than a large batch all at once. Salt and pepper to states as you are browning.
- Spray 9X13 pan with a nonstick spray
- As your hash browns are done start to place them in your baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Once you are done browning the hashbrowns start to cook up your bacon in the pan and also warm up any of your other meats. As your meat is done layer them on top of the cooked hash browns.
- In a bowl beat together the dozen of eggs so all the yolks are broken
- Pour the eggs over the meat and potatoes in the baking dishes
- Top with cheese and bake about 25-35 minutes until egg is completely cooked and the cheese has melted.