Walmart Pit Boss Buying Guide… I mean, did you know that Walmart has Pit Boss Pellet Grills? Walmart even has exclusive models and accessories as well for the pellet girls. It can be hard to decide which version is best for your family and your lifestyle.. so let’s break it down.
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now just like the Walmart Blackstones, there are Pit Boss Pellet Grills with multiple cooking methods. Electric pellet grill, charcoal, and propane are all options for the Pit Boss, plus there are models with a cooking surface, like the Blackstone Griddles, that are interchangeable as well. And personally, the same goes for Pit Boss as it does for the Blackstone… bigger is better cause leftovers are excellent. But don’t worry Amazon and the Pit Boss website them selves also have a selection of pellet grills.
What is a Pellet Grill
A pellet grill is also called a pellet smoker or a pellet barbecue. It is a type of outdoor cooking appliance with the features of a grill and a smoker, and it can double as a convection oven for making comfort food with fantastic smoke flavor. Pellet grills run off the burning of wood pellets as the fuel source and smoke maker. There are other brands, but Pit Boss Pellet Grills are an affordable option vs the Traeger Pellet Grills.
Money and time-saving tips from the old lady. If you order pellets online from Walmart and spend $35, they will drop them off at your door for free!! Their everyday price on pit boss pellets is amazing, plus the expert grill brand has a great price. (see them ->here)
A hopper of wooden pellets feeds the fire of the grill. They are fed into a combustion chamber and ignited by a hot rod or an electric igniter. Pellets come in flavors like Hickory, Apple, Cherry, and Mesquite to flavor the food as it smokes.
Pitboss Pellet Grills have control panels that regulate the temperature and maintain consistent heat. Some Pit Boss models offer WIFI control through an app on your phone and probes to monitor the meat. The main thing you have to do is keep the hopper full, and they require minimal monitoring.
Pit boss Barrel Smokers
Pit Boss Lexington
The Pit Boss Lexington is the second smallest Pit Boss sold at Walmart but the smallest of barrel Pit Bosses. That means it only has 540 sq inches of porcelain-coated cooking surface. This excellent beginner pellet grill is just under the $300 price point on the Walmart site -> here.
- Cooks at a temperature of 180-500 degrees F
- Indirect or direct heat cooking with a sliding flame broiler
- Control board with LED Readout and dials set for cooking temperatures
- Meat Prob for internal Temperature cooking and monitoring
- 15lb Hopper
- Feeds a group of three to four
Pit Boss 700 Classic
The Pit Boss 700 Classic is the middle-of-the-line sizing of the Pit Boss Barrell pellet grill. This is a good family-size pellet grill if you don’t have get-togethers, and it will also work for making whole meals on it. This pellet grill s under $400 on the Walmart Site -> here.
- Digital control board with LED read-out and a meat probe
- 21 lb hopper capacity
- High-temperature powder-coated steel
- Cooks to serve around six people
Pit Boss Austin XL
The Pit Boss Austin Xl is a larger barrel smoker from Pit Boss sold at Walmart. That means it only has 1000 sq inches of porcelain-coated cooking surface. The pit boss Austin xl wood pellet grill is priced under $500 on Walmart’s website -> here.
- Flame broiler for direct flame grilling or indirect heat
- Temperature range 150-500 degrees F.
- 31 Lb hopper
- 1 Meat probe
- Almost 52 burgers can be cooked on this at a time
- A removable serving tray on a side table
Pit Boss Platinum Laredo
Now the Laredo Pit Boss Pellet Grill with smoke IT Technology, which means you can use it with your smartphone using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology. Know when you are running low on pellets or a jam with the key component alert system. This pellet grill is under $600 on the Walmart site-> here.
- Cooks at temperatures of 180 degrees to 500 degrees
- 1006 sq inches cooking space
- Ability to Grill, Smoke, Bake, Braise, Roast, Sear, Char-Grill, and Barbecue
- Built-in grill lighting for nighttime grilling
- 26 Lb Hopper
- Easy Access Hopper Cleanout
Combination pit boss grill
The Pit Boss Platinum Kc Combo is a combo grill! It has gas, an electric pellet grill, and a flat-top griddle. As well as the Bluetooth and wifi compatibility, so all the bells and whistles! This pellet grill is under $800 on the Walmart site-> here.
- 1001 sq inch Cooking Surface
- Has Grill Connect Technology that allows for grill management from your phone
- Side plate flam broiler to allow direct and indirect heat cooking as well as flam searing
- Temperatures of 180 degrees to 500 degrees
- Built-in grill lighting for nighttime grilling and smoking
- Ash management system
- Two meat probes
- Built-in storage drawer
- 11 ways to cook- Grill, Smoke, Bake, Roast, Braise, Sear, Char-Grill, Scramble, Stir Fryer, Saute, and Barbecue
- 26lb Hopper
Vertical Pit Boss Pellet Smokers
Walmart offers two vertical Pit Boss Smokers, and both are highly rated. Vertical smokers are great for smoking jerky, large batches of meat, and, truthfully, anything. You can cook the vegetables in the upper racks of the smoker and put the meat in the lower racks of the smoker. Plus, who doesn’t want to watch their food cook thru a large window? You can see all the Walmart Pit Boss Vertical Smokers on their website-> here.
Pit Boss Copperhead 3 Series Vertical Pellet Smoker
My favorite feature of the pit boss copperhead smoker is the removable ash catcher; it can be a pain to disassemble my barrel to get the burn pot. (I have one from 2020. They have upgraded them since). Plus, being able to see the food cook is fantastic! You can grab the Pit Boss Copperhead 3 from Walmart for under $400 ->here.
- 720 Square inches of cooking space
- Cooks at 150-420 Degrees
- Dial in with the digital control board
- 40lb Hopper with up to 18 hours of smoke time
- 4 Cooking racks
Pit Boss 5-Series Wood Pellet Vertical Smoker
- 1,513 Square inches of cooking space
- Cooks 150-450 Degrees
- Dial temperature with a digital control board
- 50lb Hopper with up to 1824 hours of smoke time
- 5 Cooking racks
Table Top Pit Boss Smoker
Yes, a small Tabletop pellet grill! This is perfect for camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and the job site! So easy to use on the go, and it’s one of the exclusive versions that is only available at Walmart! You can order it on Walmart’s website for under $300 -> here.
- Easy to carry portable design
- 256 Square inches
- 7 Lb hopper
- Dial-digital control board
- Cooks from 180 to 500 degrees
Walmart Pit Boss Accessories
It is just like Blackstone Accessories the sky i the limit to what accessories you can get to pair up wth your Pit Boss Pellet Gril! You can see all of Walmarts Pit Boss Acessories -> here and also Amazon has a ton of options as well -> here.