These Smoked Coca-Cola BBQ Wings are amazing and so full of flavor! Wings are just one of those epic foods that just scream it’s football season. You can’t go wrong with a nice cold beer and a basket of wings with a football!!
(I have included affiliate links to products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.) In addition, this post contains affiliate links that will make me a small commission when used to order online.
Now I have been choosing to smoke more meat this year as it gives it more flavoring in the smoker than just grilling it. I have discovered that making a Coca-Cola Brine for chicken before smoking adds excellent flavor to it, and with Coca-Cola, it makes for some fantastic Smoked Coca-Cola BBQ Wings!
Smoked Chicken Wings Brine Ingredients:
- BBQ Sauce
- Coca- Cola–you can change this up with any dark soca, Diet Coke, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper, or Coke Zero. The soda flavor will alter the taste a bit, but it will work.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Minced Garlic
How To Make Smoked Chicken Wings Brine:
In a large container, place your chicken wings and pour in the 2 Liter of Coca-Cola.
Add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, salt, and 2 cups of bbq sauce.
Stir the combination together, and then add in ice.
Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours before cooking; keep adding ice to keep the chicken cold.
How To Make Smoke Coca-Cola BBQ Wings:
Prep your smoker; I always start by turning it on and placing it in my chips. (I love to use apple pucks) and get good smoke going. I add my water tray after I get the smoke from my pucks and then open up my smoke pipe.
Spray your smoker racks with a non-stick spray
Using tongs remove your chicken from the brine and spread them out on your racks.
Once your smoker is at about 150-200 degrees, put in your chicken wings.
Keep tending to your smoker and monitoring the temperature. I set a timer for about 30 minutes to keep an eye on the temperature and replace your chips or pucks as needed.
I smoked mine for about three hours!!
Remove racks of wings from the smoker and coat them with BBQ sauce!
*Be sure to use a food thermometer to ensure our chicken is cooked to the right temperature! Chicken is always cooked to 165 degrees at least*
What is your favorite way to make wings for the big game?
Other Smoked Chicken Wing Recipes:
- Smoked Crispy Chicken Wings
- Bourbon BBQ Smoked Chicken Wings
- Spicy Smoked Chicken Wings
- Smoked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Recipes Using A Coca-Cola Brine:
While there is no limit to what you can make with a Coca-Cola Brine, below are my favorites. You can swap out Coca-Cola for any dark soda; this is just my go-to flavor.
- Boneless BBQ Ribs
- Cornish Game Hens
- Chicken Legs
- Chicken Thighs
- Coca-Cola Smoked Turkey
- Pork Shoulder Roast
- Chicken Leg Quarters
- Chicken Wings
- Pork Shoulder
Smoked Coca Cola BBQ Wings
- In a large container place your chicken wings in it and pour in the 2 liter of Coca-Cola
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, salt, and 2 cups of bbq sauce.
- Stir the combination together and then add in ice
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours before cooking, keep adding ice to keep the chicken really cold.
- Prepare your smoker with your wood chips to get a good smoke going. I have found that I love to use apple pucks for my smoker.
- Spray your smoker racks with a non-stick spray
- Using tongs remove your chicken from the brine and spread out on your racks.
- Once your smoker is at about 150-200 degrees put in your chicken wings
- Keep tending to your smoker and monitoring the temperature, I set a timer for about 30 minutes to keep an eye on the temperature and replace your chips or pucks as needed.
- I smoked mine for about three hours!!
- Remove from racks of wings from smoker and coat with bbq sauce!
- *Be sure to use a food thermometer to make sure your chicken is cooked to the right temperature!