Chicken Alfredo is just one of those great warm comfort food dishes to make at home!! Pasta is just perfect for the fall and of course you can’t have just a jarred sauce to go with your dish!! One thing I love to do is to use a jar sauce and to build it up to be a creamy cheesy sauce that is amazing!!! Now I personally feel that bacon makes 90% of the food in the world taste even better, and well you can never go wrong adding bacon to pasta!! (I have included links to some great products that I have bought on my own and love. You can buy them too through my online sales links.) This was a huge hit with the whole family!!
Ultimate Chicken Alfredo Ingredients:
- 3 Large chicken breast (I love Zaycon chicken)
- 1 Brick of cream cheese
- 6 Slices of thick cut bacon chopped up
- ¼ cup of Feta Cheese
- Chopped up green onion
- 1 ½ cup of Gouda Cheese
- ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms we used Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 Tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 packages of fettuccine noodles
- 3 Jars of your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shrimp we had left over cooked shrimp from a cookout but you could use fresh shrimp and allow it to cook in the sauce.
- Optional garlic bread/french toast
Ultimate Chicken Alfredo Directions:
- Start to prep you food for the recipe. Begin by slicing your bacon, chopping your green onion and your mushrooms.
- In a pot begin to boil your water and put in about a 3 3-secondour of olive oil to stop noodles from sticking and about 2 tbsp of freshly ground hymilanian salt.
- In a large skillet fry up your bacon to the doness you like, we like chewy
- Once bacon is done start to mix in your green onion, mushrooms, cream cheese, Gouda cheese, feta cheese, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, shrimp, and sour cream.
- Allow sauce to simmer to melt all of the ingredients together on a medium-high heat and add your 3 chicken breasts. The chicken breasts will cook in the sauce for a rich flavor.
- Stir in your cooked shrimp to allow the flavors to cook in.
- Strain your fettuccine noodles and in the pan place your butter in the bottom of the pan and then mix together. **The butter will help the noodles not stick plus it adds flavor as well.
- Once your chicken is cooked (be sure to double check it is at 160 degrees so it is safe to eat I love to use this → food thermometer to check mine) remove from the pan
- Remove chicken and cube up the chicken. Once chicken is cubed mix together the sauce, the chicken, and the noodles all together.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
What do you love to put in your Alfredo?? Any unique add ins that your family enjoys?